Monday 3 October 2016

Special effects makeup

Someone I know has started to learn about and experiment with special effects makeup recently, such as creating realistic burns, gashes or wounds. I thought that this would be very effective to use on the ghost girl in my trailer to make her seem more powerful/disturbing. I could also put these fake wounds onto the victims to demonstrate the violence even further. These could be gashes or cuts on the face, burns or wounds on the arms or on the chest/neck. I will also use fake blood on the actor's skin as well as their clothing, to make it seem more realistic. I could also try using red food colouring and water to see if that would work well.
We could experiment with large or small cuts or grazes, seeing which ones worked best or having a mixture.
Here is an example of something they tried recently:


No comments:

Post a Comment