Thursday 15 September 2016

I researched some different horror fonts that I like which I could use or get inspiration from in my magazine cover and poster.

Horror fonts tend to be thick, wide, dark and have blunt edges or have extra embellishments, such as flickers which make the font look like a type writer or that they look like blood. They have a medieval feel, or they feel modern from the caps lock effect. In my magazine cover I want my title/mast head to be very big with an interesting font which stands out. Some of my favourite fonts from my research are "Animal Silence", "Unrealised" and "Amaz Obitaem Ostrov".

For titles on the magazine cover, they tend to be slightly thinner but still noticeable enough to stand out on the page. Some of my favourites are "Northwood High", "Backyard" or "Van Helsing".

For my poster, I would like a font that is very different and isn't necessarily easy to read. Some of my favourite fonts are "Barbarian," Card Shark" and "Godhong".






No comments:

Post a Comment